Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Goodbyes, Mixed Feelings, and Many Thanks

Well I officially take flight in about 12 hours. I will be flying from Detroit, to Atlanta, and then to Lima, Peru! I have been waiting for this for a long time, and I am incredibly excited to head down and partner with my brothers and sisters down there. I have said so many times how much I love the ministry, and I am confident that God is going to continue to use Scripture Union's many programs to build his kingdom.

In the weeks leading up to today I have been through many different emotions. I have felt excitement about finally being able to take the next step in faith and to follow God where he leads. But I have also felt quite drained and sad to have to say goodbyes to so many friends and family. I just want to thank everyone who has supported, encouraged, and prayed for me over the last few months. I know that it is all of your prayers that have sustained me through this whole range of emotions that I am feeling.

The best picture of all of the encouragement that I have received was my goodbye party this past Sunday afternoon. We sent out invitations less than a week in advance, but in the end I wouldn't be surprised if more than 125 people were there. The entire party was quite overwhelming for me--talking to so many people, catching up with friends, and saying lots of goodbyes--but what a beautiful picture of the body of Christ! I said it over and over again on Sunday, but thanks so much to everyone who participated. Thanks also to my mom's entire small group. With their combined efforts, we had a plethora of desserts to feed all of the guests, the Sunday night youth group at Ward, and then some...and they were delicious!

As I prepare to leave tomorrow, I envy all of your prayers. Please pray for safety as I fly, and for much needed time to just sit back and relax on the plane. Most of all--pray that God would continue to direct my path. I look forward to writing more from Lima!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Billy!!! I ran into your mom at church!!! Didn't get your postcard yet. We'll be praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete