Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Visit from Aaron and Lauren

Only a few days ago two of my friends from IWU, Aaron and Lauren, were married. Living in Peru there are a number of things that I have had to give up, and one of those things is the opportunity to attend most of my friends weddings. I was really sorry that I couldn't make it, but there is good news. They have decided to travel around South America for their honeymoon, and Lima, Peru is their first stop. Over the past couple of days I have had the honor of showing them around some of the sites in Lima and taking them to Kawai--one of our boys' homes on the Pacifc Ocean.

I know that it sounds kind of funny that I have been hanging around with them during their honeymoon, but we have had a great time. They have been an encouragement to me in the middle of some busy moments. It is always a comfort to see some familiar faces from back home. Yesterday we had the chance to go and see some of Lima's most common tourist attractions (the main square; the main plaza; a Franciscan monastery and catacombs; and a park filled with large water fountains). Today we spent the entire day at Kawai. In addition to enjoying the beach and the pools on the property, I had the pleasure of introducing them to the boys in our Girasoles program. We had a great time spending time with the boys and the house parents. It was a neat experience because Aaron and Lauren will soon be starting a job as house parents for at risk children. They enjoyed listening to the wisdom of Scripture Union's house parents here.

I have had a great couple of days catching up and relaxing with old friends. I love showing people around Peru and sharing my ministry experience with anyone who wants to listen. I love to see friends. If you are reading, consider yourself invited anytime!

 
Aaron and Lauren Cloud

 
At the water park
 
Aaron and I

1 comment: