Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Trip to the Ocean with Girasoels Ica!

Earlier this week I had the joy of going to the beach with all of the boys from the Casa Girasoles in Ica! I was incredibly surprised to learn that even though Ica is just a short drive from the beach, many of the boys had never actually gone to the beach. It was a beautiful day, the swimming was great, and we enjoyed spending the time together.

It was also a great way for me to say goodbye to the boys in Ica. My time working in Ica has officially come to an end. From the end of this month through the end of February I will have another month full of work teams who are coming to support us here at Scripture Union Peru. After two and a half months working with the boys in Ica, it was hard to say goodbye. It was such a privilege to work with these kids, get to know them, and share God's love. I was blessed by the kids, and I was happy to help at the home and share some of the kids' burdens as some of them began to open up to me. They remain in my prayers, and I look forward to a number of opportunities that I will have to visit them in the year to come.

Here are some pictures from the beach:


In the bus excited for the beach


Augusto and I on the way to the beach


At the beach with the boys

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a great way to end your time in Ica. Let's do this when we come in January 2011.

    ReplyDelete