Friday, November 6, 2009

Work Team Season is Officially Over

Wow...it is hard to believe that I have been busy working with foreign work teams down here for six straight months. As I look back over the last half of a year I really cannot say that I have any regrets. It is such a joy to share this ministry with so many people from all over the world. This year I have had team members from the United States, Scotland, England, Canada, South Africa, Germany, France, and Peru. My teams' ages ranged anywhere between the 9 year old girl who came to Peru with her dad and the 72 year old lady who hiked the Inca Trail with us. I have hosted high school groups, college groups, church groups, business groups, medical groups, and other groups that were a mixture of a little bit of everything.

Sometimes people ask me if I enjoy working with so many different groups. When my mom saw how much work it was for me to host my family down here, she asked me if all of the groups were such work loads. I told my mom that every group was different, but no group came without its challenges. The truth is that if I didn't enjoy what I do, and if I didn't have a passion to see God work through this ministry, then I would definitely be burnt out by now. On the contrary, though, I DO enjoy this work. What a blessing to share my passions with people who are experiencing this type of ministry for the first time! It is a privilege to be able to get others excited about the same things that excite me. I love seeing people begin to fall in love with Scripture Union's work here in Peru--with God's work here in Peru!

I apologize once more for not keeping a more up to date blog over the past couple of months, but when I am with teams, my time on the internet is limited. Now that the season is over, I hope to have a little bit more time to catch up on communicating with you all. I have a lot to talk about...my last group was a medical team, and we were able to touch many lives during that week. Now that work team season is over I will soon be heading down to Ica for a couple of months to work with the boys' home there. Beyond that, I will also be working with Scripture Union's campsite programs in the summer (winter for all of you up in North America). I also have some other random, funny, and exciting stories to share. I don't want to bore you with a never-ending, 20 page blog post, so I will break it up into a few smaller posts. Keep me accountable, and check back to make sure I follow up on those stories.

I really want to continue to be faithful about praying for those who are praying for and supporting me in this ministry. Please feel free to let me know if you have any specific requests.

Also, be sure to check out my newly posted pictures from my family's visit to Peru and from the Inca Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment